You can support our work here
- August Lovenskiolds: Do men make better CEOs than women?
- August Lovenskiolds: ‘Women hate being CEOs – and they suck at it’
- White men ‘endangered species’ in top business roles as women promoted to senior positions – Tesco chairman
- Aviva plc: ‘Promote women or else’
- Monique Svazlian Tallon (Monique Tallon) is a blithering idiot
- Blithering idiots at 100+ organizations in the financial services sector are colluding with blithering idiots at HM Treasury to harm the financial services sector
- Campaign for Merit in Business referenced in a Guardian piece – MPs’ corporate governance inquiry: what are the key issues?
- The ‘business case’ for more women on boards – it’s enough to drive a man mad…
- The businessmen who dance to Helena Morrissey’s tunes are blithering idiots
- Mike Buchanan’s written submissions to House of Commons and House of Lords inquiries in 2012, and a remarkable admission by Professor Susan Vinnicombe
- House of Commons: Business, Innovation and Skills Committee inquiry into ‘corporate governance’
- Where are all the expat women?
- It pays to have more women in work, so policy must reflect this. Er… must it?
- EasyJet is offering 10 places for women each year on the easyJet pilot training programme and underwriting the £100,000 training loan. This is the ‘first phase’ of their long term strategy to increase the proportion of female pilots at the airline.
- We must do more for women entrepreneurs
- How to set up a small business. Take a big one and stuff its board with women.
- Laura Perrins: Female quotas serve only mediocre women
- CIPD survey highlights the ‘need’ for more action by employers to address ‘gender inequality’
- Will Ruth Sunderland EVER engage with the evidence showing that appointing more women onto corporate boards leads to financial decline?
- Six blithering idiots comment on the gender pay gap: Nicky Morgan MP, Carolyn Fairbairn, Ann Franck, Frances O’Grady, Kate Green MP, Regina Moran
- Valerie Curbelo, 24, threatened to kill everyone on US domestic flight after being asked to stub out cigarette
- Jo Pike, the Labour challenger of Philip Davies, seeks “to explicate the contested nature of power relationships played out between teachers, lunchtime staff and pupils within the spatial and temporal boundaries of the dining room” in four primary schools
- The Guardian: “Sexual harassment ‘rife’ in schools but largely unreported, study says”
- Canada: Justin Trudeau’s new ‘feminist’ plan commits 95% of foreign aid to gender, women and girls by 2022
- Labour picks Jo Pike from an all-women shortlist to challenge Philip Davies at the next general election
- Ex-page three glamour model Samantha Fox says David Cassidy (RIP) grabbed her breasts and put hand up her skirt in restaurant toilet
- NHS gender survey is given to ten-year-olds
- 6oodfella: #FeministsRuinEverything #03 – Sleeping Beauty
- Civil partnerships to go straight
- Wolf whistling and sexist remarks could become hate crimes in London
Monthly Archives: August 2015
6oodfella is a Scotsman, and one of my favourite audio and video bloggers. At times he’s had me in tears, laughing. A post we’ve just published – about women in male-dominated workplaces – started me thinking about pieces we’ve published … Continue reading
Male-dominated workplaces ‘can make women ill’: Social problems from being the ‘token’ female can deregulate body’s response to stress
Give me strength. From the article: Previous findings have shown that working in male-dominated places can cause social isolation for women. It has also been linked with performance pressures, sexual harassment, and obstacles to professional mobility. Women also report experiencing … Continue reading
Right Management is a division of an American multinational, ManpowerGroup, dealing with executive recruitment. Ian Symes is the General Manager of Right Management (UK & Ireland). We’re about to send him our latest public challenge.
Ann Francke is the CEO of the Chartered Management Institute, which has increasingly become a feminist campaigning organization under her leadership. Our thanks to Ian for pointing us to a newspaper story concerning a CMI report about the gender pay … Continue reading
J4MB demands an internal review by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, of the department’s response to FoI inquiries
In October, the government is expected to publish another report on ‘women on boards’. It has been widely trailed in the media that it won’t demand an increase in the infamous Davies Report (2011) target of 25% female representation on … Continue reading