Last night I had the pleasure of engaging in a discussion on Radio 5 Live with the feminist blogger Holly Combe (link below). Within an hour of my appearance yesterday on Jeremy Vine’s BBC Radio 2 show (6 – 7 million listeners) I was called by people working for three other radio shows. The first was for a late night programme on Radio 5 Live, the second (about 09:30 today) a regional BBC radio show, and the third a leading commercial radio station, lunchtime today. I’ll be putting all the pieces up on our YouTube site, but for the moment here’s the discussion with Holly from last night’s show, from around 52:05 – 1:00:00:
You can support our work here
- August Lovenskiolds: Do men make better CEOs than women?
- August Lovenskiolds: ‘Women hate being CEOs – and they suck at it’
- White men ‘endangered species’ in top business roles as women promoted to senior positions – Tesco chairman
- Aviva plc: ‘Promote women or else’
- Monique Svazlian Tallon (Monique Tallon) is a blithering idiot
- Blithering idiots at 100+ organizations in the financial services sector are colluding with blithering idiots at HM Treasury to harm the financial services sector
- Campaign for Merit in Business referenced in a Guardian piece – MPs’ corporate governance inquiry: what are the key issues?
- The ‘business case’ for more women on boards – it’s enough to drive a man mad…
- The businessmen who dance to Helena Morrissey’s tunes are blithering idiots
- Mike Buchanan’s written submissions to House of Commons and House of Lords inquiries in 2012, and a remarkable admission by Professor Susan Vinnicombe
- House of Commons: Business, Innovation and Skills Committee inquiry into ‘corporate governance’
- Where are all the expat women?
- It pays to have more women in work, so policy must reflect this. Er… must it?
- EasyJet is offering 10 places for women each year on the easyJet pilot training programme and underwriting the £100,000 training loan. This is the ‘first phase’ of their long term strategy to increase the proportion of female pilots at the airline.
- We must do more for women entrepreneurs
- How to set up a small business. Take a big one and stuff its board with women.
- Laura Perrins: Female quotas serve only mediocre women
- CIPD survey highlights the ‘need’ for more action by employers to address ‘gender inequality’
- Will Ruth Sunderland EVER engage with the evidence showing that appointing more women onto corporate boards leads to financial decline?
- Six blithering idiots comment on the gender pay gap: Nicky Morgan MP, Carolyn Fairbairn, Ann Franck, Frances O’Grady, Kate Green MP, Regina Moran
- UCAS ‘End of cycle report’
- Women more unhappy than men until they reach mid-80s
- Bank of England’s ‘Old Lady of Threadneedle Street’ nickname may have to be axed under plans for the institution to go gender neutral
- Jamie Basinger, 24, admits letting three-year-old son freeze to death outside house while she slept off drug binge. 36 months of supervised probation and between 19 and 32 months of prison time.
- Amnesty International in Ireland will fight order to return George Soros’s £137,000 donation for pro-abortion activism
- Stanford law professor Michele Dauber calls for extreme violence against Brock Turner, 21, ex-Stanford student, because he’s appealing college sexual assault conviction
- Gender pay gap is perpetuated by teenage girls who want jobs that pay less, study finds
- Venice Allan, 42, kicked out of Labour Christmas party because her views on transgender rights ‘made guests feel unsafe’
- Alexa, why are you a bleeding-heart liberal?
- Valerie Curbelo, 24, threatened to kill everyone on US domestic flight after being asked to stub out cigarette