Last night I had the pleasure of engaging in a discussion on Radio 5 Live with the feminist blogger Holly Combe (link below). Within an hour of my appearance yesterday on Jeremy Vine’s BBC Radio 2 show (6 – 7 million listeners) I was called by people working for three other radio shows. The first was for a late night programme on Radio 5 Live, the second (about 09:30 today) a regional BBC radio show, and the third a leading commercial radio station, lunchtime today. I’ll be putting all the pieces up on our YouTube site, but for the moment here’s the discussion with Holly from last night’s show, from around 52:05 – 1:00:00:
You can support our work here
- Meet Luo Mingxiong, the Chinese investor who says female bosses are bad for business
- Church investors vow to boost women in the boardroom (a tip of the hat to GWF Hegel)
- August Lovenskiolds: Do men make better CEOs than women?
- August Lovenskiolds: ‘Women hate being CEOs – and they suck at it’
- White men ‘endangered species’ in top business roles as women promoted to senior positions – Tesco chairman
- Aviva plc: ‘Promote women or else’
- Monique Svazlian Tallon (Monique Tallon) is a blithering idiot
- Blithering idiots at 100+ organizations in the financial services sector are colluding with blithering idiots at HM Treasury to harm the financial services sector
- Campaign for Merit in Business referenced in a Guardian piece – MPs’ corporate governance inquiry: what are the key issues?
- The ‘business case’ for more women on boards – it’s enough to drive a man mad…
- The businessmen who dance to Helena Morrissey’s tunes are blithering idiots
- Mike Buchanan’s written submissions to House of Commons and House of Lords inquiries in 2012, and a remarkable admission by Professor Susan Vinnicombe
- House of Commons: Business, Innovation and Skills Committee inquiry into ‘corporate governance’
- Where are all the expat women?
- It pays to have more women in work, so policy must reflect this. Er… must it?
- EasyJet is offering 10 places for women each year on the easyJet pilot training programme and underwriting the £100,000 training loan. This is the ‘first phase’ of their long term strategy to increase the proportion of female pilots at the airline.
- We must do more for women entrepreneurs
- How to set up a small business. Take a big one and stuff its board with women.
- Laura Perrins: Female quotas serve only mediocre women
- CIPD survey highlights the ‘need’ for more action by employers to address ‘gender inequality’
- Conference polo shirts, T-shirts, and sweatshirts now available to order
- David Cameron, Toady of the Year (2012-15), backs Harriet Harman for Speaker
- Harriet Harman proposes the logical progression from all-women PPC shortlists – all-women Labia party leadership contests
- Feminist Theory in NUJ Practices
- A woman is being urged to dump her boyfriend by hundreds of strangers after he suggested she make more of an effort with her appearance
- Sheryl Sandberg and someone else’s problem
- Jordan Holbrook will speak at the conference – “The prison sentencing gender gap”
- Director’s Statement for “American Circumcision”
- Latest FGM show trial ends. London father cleared.
- Female unemployment higher than for men for first time in 40 years as more stores close down