You can support our work here
- August Lovenskiolds: Do men make better CEOs than women?
- August Lovenskiolds: ‘Women hate being CEOs – and they suck at it’
- White men ‘endangered species’ in top business roles as women promoted to senior positions – Tesco chairman
- Aviva plc: ‘Promote women or else’
- Monique Svazlian Tallon (Monique Tallon) is a blithering idiot
- Blithering idiots at 100+ organizations in the financial services sector are colluding with blithering idiots at HM Treasury to harm the financial services sector
- Campaign for Merit in Business referenced in a Guardian piece – MPs’ corporate governance inquiry: what are the key issues?
- The ‘business case’ for more women on boards – it’s enough to drive a man mad…
- The businessmen who dance to Helena Morrissey’s tunes are blithering idiots
- Mike Buchanan’s written submissions to House of Commons and House of Lords inquiries in 2012, and a remarkable admission by Professor Susan Vinnicombe
- House of Commons: Business, Innovation and Skills Committee inquiry into ‘corporate governance’
- Where are all the expat women?
- It pays to have more women in work, so policy must reflect this. Er… must it?
- EasyJet is offering 10 places for women each year on the easyJet pilot training programme and underwriting the £100,000 training loan. This is the ‘first phase’ of their long term strategy to increase the proportion of female pilots at the airline.
- We must do more for women entrepreneurs
- How to set up a small business. Take a big one and stuff its board with women.
- Laura Perrins: Female quotas serve only mediocre women
- CIPD survey highlights the ‘need’ for more action by employers to address ‘gender inequality’
- Will Ruth Sunderland EVER engage with the evidence showing that appointing more women onto corporate boards leads to financial decline?
- Six blithering idiots comment on the gender pay gap: Nicky Morgan MP, Carolyn Fairbairn, Ann Franck, Frances O’Grady, Kate Green MP, Regina Moran
- PIERS MORGAN: For God’s sake let boys be boys, and girls be girls, and stop this charge to turn them all into ‘non-binary, gender fluid creatures of indeterminate sexuality’
- Teacher ‘lost two jobs over rape acquittal’
- Engineering profession is being damaged by outdated ‘white, middle-aged, male stereotype’, finds study
- Women and Equalities Committee: Fathers in the Workplace
- Karen Straughan’s hangout with Zuzanna Mroz
- ‘British women are entitled and overweight’: Seduction expert who’s dated 200 Russian ladies says men should look to Eastern Europe to find a beautiful, intelligent wife
- Girl Scouts (USA): Don’t make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Some men die without ever knowing they had Alzheimer’s because they ‘don’t show the same signs of the disease as women’
- Don’t call female pupils girls or ladies because it reminds them of their gender, headteachers are told
- Images from the IMD March and mini-conference
Monthly Archives: December 2012
I’d like to thank this blog’s subscribers, and supporters of Campaign for Merit in Business more generally, for all your support (financial and other) in 2012. The number of subscribers and supporters is growing beyond our most optimistic forecasts. In 2012 … Continue reading
Transcript of the session in which Mike Buchanan and others contributed to the House of Commons inquiry into ‘Women in the Workplace’
The following is a link to the transcript of the session in which I gave evidence (along with Catherine Hakim, Steve Moxon and Heather McGregor): http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmselect/cmbis/c754-i/c75401.htm
My thanks to Francesca for directing me to a blog posted today by Louisa Peacock of the Daily Telegraph. I had the pleasure of meeting Louisa after the 20 November House of Commons select committee hearing to which I gave … Continue reading
We’ve just received legal advice to the effect that the UK government lacks the legal ‘competence’ to legislate for gender quotas on UK corporate boards, from which it follows that the threat to FTSE100 companies is a hollow one. I’ve just … Continue reading
Regular visitors to this site will need no reminding about the central role in the ‘improving’ gender diversity in the boardroom (‘GDITB’) initiative played by Sir Roger Carr, chairman of Centrica, and currently President of the CBI. He doesn’t personally claim that … Continue reading
My thanks to Tel Aviv-based gender diversity advocate Daniella Alpher for her blog piece on yesterday’s celebration by the 30% club of its second anniversary. Two years of assaulting the British business sector, with the collaboration of many FTSE100 chairmen. Hurrah. Daniella’s … Continue reading