You can support our work here
- August Lovenskiolds: Do men make better CEOs than women?
- August Lovenskiolds: ‘Women hate being CEOs – and they suck at it’
- White men ‘endangered species’ in top business roles as women promoted to senior positions – Tesco chairman
- Aviva plc: ‘Promote women or else’
- Monique Svazlian Tallon (Monique Tallon) is a blithering idiot
- Blithering idiots at 100+ organizations in the financial services sector are colluding with blithering idiots at HM Treasury to harm the financial services sector
- Campaign for Merit in Business referenced in a Guardian piece – MPs’ corporate governance inquiry: what are the key issues?
- The ‘business case’ for more women on boards – it’s enough to drive a man mad…
- The businessmen who dance to Helena Morrissey’s tunes are blithering idiots
- Mike Buchanan’s written submissions to House of Commons and House of Lords inquiries in 2012, and a remarkable admission by Professor Susan Vinnicombe
- House of Commons: Business, Innovation and Skills Committee inquiry into ‘corporate governance’
- Where are all the expat women?
- It pays to have more women in work, so policy must reflect this. Er… must it?
- EasyJet is offering 10 places for women each year on the easyJet pilot training programme and underwriting the £100,000 training loan. This is the ‘first phase’ of their long term strategy to increase the proportion of female pilots at the airline.
- We must do more for women entrepreneurs
- How to set up a small business. Take a big one and stuff its board with women.
- Laura Perrins: Female quotas serve only mediocre women
- CIPD survey highlights the ‘need’ for more action by employers to address ‘gender inequality’
- Will Ruth Sunderland EVER engage with the evidence showing that appointing more women onto corporate boards leads to financial decline?
- Six blithering idiots comment on the gender pay gap: Nicky Morgan MP, Carolyn Fairbairn, Ann Franck, Frances O’Grady, Kate Green MP, Regina Moran
- PIERS MORGAN: For God’s sake let boys be boys, and girls be girls, and stop this charge to turn them all into ‘non-binary, gender fluid creatures of indeterminate sexuality’
- Teacher ‘lost two jobs over rape acquittal’
- Engineering profession is being damaged by outdated ‘white, middle-aged, male stereotype’, finds study
- Women and Equalities Committee: Fathers in the Workplace
- Karen Straughan’s hangout with Zuzanna Mroz
- ‘British women are entitled and overweight’: Seduction expert who’s dated 200 Russian ladies says men should look to Eastern Europe to find a beautiful, intelligent wife
- Girl Scouts (USA): Don’t make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Some men die without ever knowing they had Alzheimer’s because they ‘don’t show the same signs of the disease as women’
- Don’t call female pupils girls or ladies because it reminds them of their gender, headteachers are told
- Images from the IMD March and mini-conference
Monthly Archives: October 2012
In an earlier post we provided a link to the written submissions provided to the House of Commons inquiry into ‘Women in the Workplace’. Three submissions could be considered as being complementary, in that they challenge the policy direction of the current and … Continue reading
[30.10.12 update: we’ve now had the opportunity to review the government’s own material at the start of the ‘written submissions’ document, and comment on it towards the end of this post]. Some time ago a new House of Commons inquiry … Continue reading
My attention was drawn today to a statement made to a Scottish newspaper, the Herald, by Professor Rita Marcella, Dean of Faculty, Aberdeen Business School. We’ve just emailed her with the following, which should be self-explanatory: Professor Marcella, good afternoon. I … Continue reading
My thanks to Wilhelmina for alerting me to a discussion held on this morning’s BBC television programme Daily Politics (Europe). Among the most ideologically-driven proponents of ‘improved’ gender diversity in boardrooms are female Liberal Democrat politicians. One thinks inevitably of Lynne Featherstone MP and Jo … Continue reading
My thanks to Doris for pointing me to a Mail Online story about the decision of Cynthia Carroll, CEO of FTSE100 company Anglo-American, to resign. The share price rose by 76p on announcement of the news. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-2223738/FTSE-loses-feminine-touch-Anglo-American-boss-Cynthia-Carroll-latest-quit.html During Ms Carroll’s five-year tenure around … Continue reading
Earlier this week I was notified of the publication of the minutes of the 15 October meeting of the House of Lords committee investigating ‘Women on Boards’ (see earlier post). The whole session consisted of a discussion with the Lib … Continue reading
Is EU Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding a liar, incompetent… or both? Her speech to the Harvard Club (Belgium)
Is EU Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding a liar, incompetent… or both? The question occurred to me today as I read the transcript of a speech she gave just two weeks ago to the Harvard Club (Belgium) in Brussels. A link to … Continue reading