You can support our work here
- August Lovenskiolds: Do men make better CEOs than women?
- August Lovenskiolds: ‘Women hate being CEOs – and they suck at it’
- White men ‘endangered species’ in top business roles as women promoted to senior positions – Tesco chairman
- Aviva plc: ‘Promote women or else’
- Monique Svazlian Tallon (Monique Tallon) is a blithering idiot
- Blithering idiots at 100+ organizations in the financial services sector are colluding with blithering idiots at HM Treasury to harm the financial services sector
- Campaign for Merit in Business referenced in a Guardian piece – MPs’ corporate governance inquiry: what are the key issues?
- The ‘business case’ for more women on boards – it’s enough to drive a man mad…
- The businessmen who dance to Helena Morrissey’s tunes are blithering idiots
- Mike Buchanan’s written submissions to House of Commons and House of Lords inquiries in 2012, and a remarkable admission by Professor Susan Vinnicombe
- House of Commons: Business, Innovation and Skills Committee inquiry into ‘corporate governance’
- Where are all the expat women?
- It pays to have more women in work, so policy must reflect this. Er… must it?
- EasyJet is offering 10 places for women each year on the easyJet pilot training programme and underwriting the £100,000 training loan. This is the ‘first phase’ of their long term strategy to increase the proportion of female pilots at the airline.
- We must do more for women entrepreneurs
- How to set up a small business. Take a big one and stuff its board with women.
- Laura Perrins: Female quotas serve only mediocre women
- CIPD survey highlights the ‘need’ for more action by employers to address ‘gender inequality’
- Will Ruth Sunderland EVER engage with the evidence showing that appointing more women onto corporate boards leads to financial decline?
- Six blithering idiots comment on the gender pay gap: Nicky Morgan MP, Carolyn Fairbairn, Ann Franck, Frances O’Grady, Kate Green MP, Regina Moran
- Sophie Pointon, 22, criminology student, jailed for 16 months for making false rape claim against taxi driver when he refused to accept her kebab-soaked tenner
- Elisabeth Moss, 35, actress, is a blithering idiot
- Women only sessions, venues offering free / cheaper entrance to women…
- Gillian Turner, former receptionist, collapses in court after judge rules against her bid for half of ex-boyfriend’s business
- William Collins: Guidance to Family Courts – Practice Direction 12J
- Quantum Superstate Feminism
- My fiancee cheated… then left me ruined: In his own words, the Cambridge lecturer cleared of attacking unfaithful girlfriend tells of the shattering ordeal that left him ‘shunned like a leper’
- Conservative party conference, Manchester – anti-MGM protests (2/3 October)
- Sharon White, Ofcom chief executive, orders the BBC to reveal staff’s social class
- George Hook suspended from Newstalk after rape comments
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Yesterday I gave my lecture at the IEA, and the reception it received was far more positive than I could possibly have hoped for. Many in the capacity audience (60 people) were supporters of ‘improved’ gender diversity in the boardroom … Continue reading
[Update 8 September: the interview is no longer on iPlayer, and I’d previously offered to email the audio file to anyone requesting it. However, the number of requests have been such that it’s taking up too much time to satisfy … Continue reading
My thanks to Lavinia for pointing me towards an article in today’s Daily Mail. MYTH OF GLASS CEILING, BY DRAGON’S DEN STAR Dragon’s Den star Hilary Devey has spoken out against the idea of a glass ceiling, claiming it is a … Continue reading
The claim of a link between more women on boards and enhanced corporate performance lies at the heart of the government’s ongoing threat of quotas if major businesses don’t increase the number of women on their boards ‘voluntarily’. Among the people who’ve made … Continue reading
The coalition is doing at least one thing right in equality-related matters, by slashing the annual budget of the Equality and Human Rights Commission (‘EHRC’). There have been numerous reports about the issue in the press and online in recent … Continue reading
One of the numerous claims made by proponents of ‘improved’ gender diversity in boardrooms is that characteristics which are commoner among women than men are valuable to firms. An example is that women are more likely to have a ‘consensual’ … Continue reading
In nine days’ time I shall be giving a presentation at the Institute of Economic Affairs, occasioned by the response to an article I penned in April: http://www.iea.org.uk/blog/the-gender-diversity-delusion I happened to mention to a supporter of C4MB recently the number of slides I … Continue reading