While the leading British culprit pushing for ‘improved’ gender diversity in company boardrooms is David Cameron – with his continuing threat of quotas – in the EU it’s Viviane Reding, a Commissioner. I am therefore grateful to Michael Klein of the German language blog http://sciencefiles.org for translating his article into English:
You can support our work here
- Baroness Karren Brady interviews Mike Buchanan about the gender pay gap
- Is this the first admission in the mainstream media, that increasing the proportion of women on corporate boards leads to financial decline?
- Meet Luo Mingxiong, the Chinese investor who says female bosses are bad for business
- Church investors vow to boost women in the boardroom (a tip of the hat to GWF Hegel)
- August Lovenskiolds: Do men make better CEOs than women?
- August Lovenskiolds: ‘Women hate being CEOs – and they suck at it’
- White men ‘endangered species’ in top business roles as women promoted to senior positions – Tesco chairman
- Aviva plc: ‘Promote women or else’
- Monique Svazlian Tallon (Monique Tallon) is a blithering idiot
- Blithering idiots at 100+ organizations in the financial services sector are colluding with blithering idiots at HM Treasury to harm the financial services sector
- Campaign for Merit in Business referenced in a Guardian piece – MPs’ corporate governance inquiry: what are the key issues?
- The ‘business case’ for more women on boards – it’s enough to drive a man mad…
- The businessmen who dance to Helena Morrissey’s tunes are blithering idiots
- Mike Buchanan’s written submissions to House of Commons and House of Lords inquiries in 2012, and a remarkable admission by Professor Susan Vinnicombe
- House of Commons: Business, Innovation and Skills Committee inquiry into ‘corporate governance’
- Where are all the expat women?
- It pays to have more women in work, so policy must reflect this. Er… must it?
- EasyJet is offering 10 places for women each year on the easyJet pilot training programme and underwriting the £100,000 training loan. This is the ‘first phase’ of their long term strategy to increase the proportion of female pilots at the airline.
- We must do more for women entrepreneurs
- How to set up a small business. Take a big one and stuff its board with women.
- Speakers’ Corner, London: Rod tells Laurie Penny what he thinks of Feminism
- Closing gender gap in physics ‘will take generations’
- James Delingpole’s comments on Laura Bates, Special Snowflake
- Kate Woodhead, 39, convicted false rape accuser, thief, fraudster, in jail again for drink-drive crash death of a father of four
- The case for “Men’s Rights Movement” (MRM) > “Gender Equality Movement” (GEM), and, in turn, “Men’s Rights Activist” (MRA) > “Gender Equality Activist” (GEA)
- This can’t keep happening! – Harriet Harman jests with Maria Miller on accidentally matching outfits
- How it feels when your wife hits you
- Who do YOU get your electricity and gas from?
- Mike Buchanan discusses domestic violence with Julia Hartley-Brewer
- Jordan Worth, 22, controlling girlfriend who stabbed, starved and scalded partner is jailed for seven years